Emma Wennström - a filmworker with passion
Emma Wennström is a superb film worker, who moved back to Luleå, Sweden from Barcelona, Spain about a year ago. She just finished her work on Jan Troell’s latest movie “Truth and Consequence” (Dom över död man) so Film Arc took the opportunity to have a few words with her.
- I have always been interested in film, Emma says, and continues;
- I went to a media education (high school) with focus on photo and film. I continued with photo for a while after I graduated.
Then Emma left Sweden for a Film school in Barcelona; “Film photography and camera operator”, a 2 year course.
- During the education there was a lot of work in sharp productions. The teachers encouraged us to participate in the productions even if we missed class, Emma says.
Emma met Susana, a photografer who runs the company BCNIdeas.
- Through her I got a lot of jobs, both as electrician and b-photo. I did music videos, commercials and shorts. I also worked on one feature film in Spain; “Hombre Cero”. And I’ve also worked on some documentaries. It’s just a pity that my track record in Spain does not count much now that I am back in Sweden, and the same for my Swedish track record in Spain.
Right now Emma is also taking a course in Piteå, Sweden, in Documentary making. She also says that she really love working on shorts, but as we all now, there is not much money in shorts.
- Of course I also like to work with features, where you get involved for a long time in the project and actually have the time to get to know the people in the team.
Last summer Emma worked on a short in Norway called “Kiki".
- I fell in love with Norway. I would very much like to work all over Scandinavia. I love travelling and working in different areas. Right now I really want to develop my work in photo, says Emma.