Animator/Illustrator opens office at Kronan in Luleå, Sweden
Mattias Östling runs the company ”Svarta Linden” in Luleå, Sweden. He works with audio/visual production.
- I’ve done music videos, animated films, commercials and many other things, says Mattias and continues;
- I started up my company in 2006 and begun working as an illustrator towards magazines. But I also did lots of other things, like video installations. Now days I do for example story boards, illustrations and concept design. I’ve developed a lot through working with film companies like Bortbyting and Muskot Media. But I’ve worked with video longer than I’ve done animations.
He likes to have a lot of smaller assignments to work with at the same time.
- If I have a quantity of smaller projects running, I also have time for my own projects as an artist, he says.
Mattias works mostly in Photoshop, Aftereffects and Painter.
- I’ve done lots of backgrounds to animated films, and they are often suppose to look ”painted”, he says.
Mattias has got big plans for the future. He has tons of ideas for music videos and shorts slowly moving forward, and he also wants to continue to do what he is doing now.
- My future plans are a bit “sketched”, not so detailed. I don’t want to get stuck in something I don’t really want to do.
Svarta Linden recently opened an office at Kronan in Luleå (shared with Muskot Media), so do pay him a visit if you are in the neighborhood.
Contact Svarta Linden;